Location: 697 Red River Road, Thunder Bay, ON
Ukrainian Credit Union Limited (UCU) has a career opportunity for a full-time position as a Member Services Representative with our Thunder Bay branch location.
Under the direction of the Branch Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing a full range of services to our members:
- Provides assistance by listening to members, identifying needs, and then providing appropriate financial services
- Identifies opportunities for cross selling credit union products; provides knowledgeable product information to member; assists member with necessary application forms; and, when different skills/knowledge is required, refers member to appropriate credit union employee for further member care.
- Ensures cash drawer is accurate at all times; balances cash drawer at the end of each day
- Contributes to the overall business objectives of the credit union by striving to reach branch and campaign targets; keeps up to date on target status.
- Performs other duties as assigned by next level management as, and when, required.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Aptitude for processing, transactional and administrative functions
- Outgoing personality, with excellent communication skills and a positive attitude
- Initiative and ability to identify opportunities for referrals to product (e.g. credit/investment) specialists
- Ability to contribute to achieving both the branches’ budgeted growth and their own individual assigned sales/referral targets
- Fluent in English; Ukrainian is an asset.
- Willing to work flexible hours
UCU is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please let us know.
COVID-19 vaccinations are the most effective way to safeguard the health of our employees and our overall workplace. As such, offer of employment is also conditional upon UCU receiving written confirmation of your receipt of a full series of a COVID-19 vaccination approved by Health Canada. UCU’s requirement that you be vaccinated is subject to any accommodation obligations it may have under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
For consideration, please submit your resume by email to Andrew Rozanec, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, April 7, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.