You can help protect yourself from fraud
Fraudsters are everywhere and they are sneaky. Phishing has become a common online scam to trick you into disclosing your personal information. We do everything we can to help protect you from them. But you can also help to make sure you do not get cheated out of your hard earned money.
We strongly encourage you to do the following:
- Change your password often. This way even if a fraudster manages to figure your password out they won't know it for long
- Set up the alert feature on your online account. To set up alerts on your account please log into your online banking account, select messages and alerts and follow the instructions. If you need help you can call our call centre to help you set the alerts up. Alerts let you know whenever someone:
- logs into your account
- pays a bill
- transfers money
- adds a payee
- adds an Interac e-Transfer recipient
- changes your Personal Access code
- authorizes an Interac Online Payment
- and more
- Ensure the computer you are using to access online banking runs an up-to date Antivirus & Malware software
- Notify your credit union when you go on vacation so that CU can contact you immediately if we notice unusual activity on your account.
- Please log off and close your browser to prevent others from accessing your account.
- Becoming a Member
- Fraud Protection