Have you found the perfect commercial or industrial space to house your business? UCU offers a variety of commercial mortgage products to cater to your individual borrowing needs. We will lend up to 65% of the lesser of the purchase price or appraised value of the building you’re looking to finance. Mortgage terms of up to 5 years, fixed or variable (prime-based*) interest rates are available depending on whether you’re looking for something short or long. Planning a move? UCU will look at porting your existing commercial mortgage to a different building, providing the new property meets the qualifying standards. Variable interest rate options are also available.
UCU lenders are also experienced in construction financing. If you're looking to build, we're here to help. We also have willing loan syndication partners enabling us to access funds in many markets in the most cost effective manner for our borrowers.
We’ll need to see some documentation to get started on the approval process**.
Please be prepared to provide the following:
- Up to three of the most current business year-end financial statements
- Confirmation that all CRA business taxes and HST filings are up to date and no taxes are owing
- Rent roll or lease agreements (if applicable)
- Copies of documents relating to the purchase or refinance (offer to purchase, property tax information, property details including detailed description, legal uses, environmental reports, etc.)
- Personal identification (two pieces of legal ID including one photo ID)
- Description and history of your business, cash flow projections, etc.
- Purchase agreement (if applicable) A.A.C.I. appraisal on the property you are purchasing.
- Clean environmental site assessments will be required
Don’t have something listed above? Don’t worry. We’ll see if we can find a workaround because we’re here to help you.
Please contact one of our lending professionals today. We are committed to providing you with a timely response.
All associated out-of-pocket expenses and legal fees are for the account of the mortgagor.
*"Prime" is Ukrainian Credit Union Limited’s prime lending rate.
**All credit requests are subject to credit union approval. Mortgage amounts and interest rates will be determined based on member’s request and UCU’s assessment of the application. Some conditions and restrictions may apply.
***Application fees will apply – starting at 1.0% of the requested amount.