CRA Direct Deposit
A fast, convenient and secure way to get your CRA payments directly to your account.
Manage your direct deposit information with the Canada Revenue Agency!
- Please note: Unfortunately at this time, CRA has not yet added UCU as a Sign-In Partner on its website. However, once you register yourself for CRA Direct Deposits through our online banking system, your account will appear on the CRA site within a day or two.
- The Government of Canada has partnered with Canadian financial institutions, including Ukrainian Credit Union Limited to offer Canada Revenue Canada (CRA) direct deposit enrolment online through our website.
- You can now sign up for CRA direct deposit or change your account information via our online banking site.
- Once you provide consent through Ukrainian Credit Union Limited for your banking information to be shared with the CRA, your direct deposit information will be updated the following day.
- If you aren’t already registered for the CRA’s digital services, signing up for direct deposit or changing your account information through us is easy and secure!
You can receive these CRA payments through direct deposit:
- income tax refund
- Canada child benefit
- goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit
- Canada workers benefit
- related provincial and territorial payments
- the new Canada Emergency Response Benefit
To sign up for CRA direct deposit to your UCU account, simply:
(please note, this enrollment option is currently NOT available for business accounts. If you have a business account, you will have to visit this link for instructions on how to sign up for CRA direct deposit to your business account. Additional resources for business ownwers seeking information about CRA Direct Deposit or CEBA can be found here: Canadian Emergency Business Account.
- Log into your on line banking account
- Select "Account Services" from the left hand menu
- Select "Setup CRA Direct Deposit"
- Then follow the instructions on that page. If you have any questions, please call our Call Centre for help.
We also have a video that you can watch on YouTube with instructions on how to "Set yourself up for direct deposit from CRA".
Applying for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit?
Sign up for direct deposit now to ensure your benefit payments arrive sooner!
We can help you sign up for direct deposit or update your direct deposit information with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). We encourage you to use direct deposit to avoid any delays and receive your payments faster.
- You can verify that a payment has been received by checking your banking statement on the account you used to sign up for direct deposit. Your payment amount will be deposited directly into the account.
- You can also confirm that the payment was sent by the CRA by logging into CRA’s My Account.
- The CRA will never send you an email, text or Interac e-transfer to a link asking for your personal information to receive your benefit payment or refund. These are scams and taxpayers should never respond to these fraudulent communications or click on any of the links provided.
- Direct deposit helps reduce the risk of mail fraud and delays caused by a postal disruption.
General Info About Direct Deposit
- With direct deposit, you receive your tax refunds and benefit payments faster and securely, directly in your account at Ukrainian Credit Union Limited.
- You can sign up for direct deposit through My Account or by using the MyCRA and MyBenefits CRA apps from your mobile device, or through your financial institution. For more information, go to canada.ca/cra-direct-deposit.
- If you file online and have direct deposit, you should receive your refund in as little as eight business days. Paper returns could take up to eight weeks.
- Direct deposit is a fast, convenient and secure way to get your CRA payments directly into your bank account at a financial institution in Canada.
- For more information and ways to enrol for direct deposit, go to canada.ca/cra-direct-deposit.
- With direct deposit, you can quickly receive payments directly into your account with a financial institution. This includes payments such as your:
- Income tax refund
- GST/HST credit and any similar provincial and territorial payments
- Canada child benefit and any similar provincial and territorial payments
- Canada workers benefit
- If you have already signed up for direct deposit with the CRA, we will use the existing bank account information for any payments you are entitled to receive.
- If you are fully registered for the CRA’s My Account, you can verify your direct deposit information through this online self-service portal.
- If your payment method is direct deposit, you can expect to receive the payment within 5 business days of the scheduled payment date. If your payment method is cheque, you can expect the cheque in the mail within 10 business days. Please allow this time before contacting the CRA about your payment.